Yummy Jamaican Banana Fritters!

11.5.14


As I am of Jamaican heritage I enjoy every aspect of my culture including  THE FOOD!

As I grew up eating and learning to cook Jamaican food I wanted to pass down recipes to my daughters. So mummy and my princess decided to make some Banana Fritters!

To make these yummy treats you will need the following:


6 Bananas**
2 Cups of Plain Flour
1 Cup of Brown Sugar
1/4 teaspoon of Salt 
1 Tablespoon of Vanilla Extract
1/2 Teaspoon Cinnamon Powder 
1/2 Teaspoon Nutmeg Powder


**It is always best to use over-ripened bananas which have the black spots on them as they become sweet and yummy for cooking.


1. Mash the bananas with a fork until smooth.
2. Pour in the brown sugar and mix with a spoon until both the bananas and sugar are combined.
3. Next add in the vanilla, salt and spices and mix.
4. Final step in making the banana fritter batter is to sift in the plain flour.


5. Stir the batter until there is no flour visible.
6. I used Rapeseed oil to fry my fritters. Pour a tablespoon into a frying pan and set to a medium heat.
7. Carefully spoon the batter onto the pan making sure to space them out so that they do not stick together.
8. When you see the edges start to become opaque and the fritter is golden in colour, turn over and fry the other side. Once cooked place on some kitchen towel to help absorb some of the oil. Continue until all the batter is used up.


Banana Fritters are wonderful to eat by themselves or whilst warm, with some vanilla or cornish ice-cream! Yummy!

mwah x

You Might Also Like

1 Comments